Friday, August 7, 2009

Day Nineteen At the Office

Good day all you wonderful beverage drinkers :)

Apparently when I attempted to set up my blog through my iPhone I didn't do it correctly. I apologize for the lack of posts.

I wanted to talk a little about one of my oldest and best friends in the world; he was recently in a serious motorcycle accident and was left in pretty rough shape, anyone who knows who I am talking about knows that Mike is a great guy! Mike is also a new father and a brother and a son and a friend to many, many people. In a lot of ways he has influenced my life and has helped me through some of my darkest days; for as long back as I can remember, Mike has always been there for me and never wavered in his loyalty to me (or any of his other friends) as one of my best friends. I've known Mike for longer than I can can think back to; he's been a solid fixture in my life for years and years, a true friend, a brother!

I just wanted to write out a few of the feelings I have troubles expressing through my vocal abilities. Although I haven't been up to the hospital to see Mike as often as I wish I could; I am constantly thinking about him and praying for him, he is in severe pain all the time and still has the ability to crack me up! Mike is a trooper and no matter what, he still puts others ahead of himself. I would have to say that Mike's biggest downfall of caring more for others than he often does for himself, is one in which more people in this world should take heed to.

Anyone who's met Mike even once can't forget his character. He is the type of guy who lends a piece of himself to everyone he comes in contact with; it leaves a lasting impression and allows for a great memory, one tin which is truly unforgettable!

Now that the feelings are out, I can talk more about the fact that Mike's accident wasn't his fault and it's a huge wake up call to anyone who drives a vehicle and is reading this right now. OPEN YOUR EYES!! It's summer time and motorbikes are ubiquitous! With the omnipresence of two wheelers on our city streets, we ALL need to wake up when we are at the wheel! This type of accident could have easily been avoided, had the driver of the car that made an unsafe left turn directly into Mike (while he was traveling at 80km's/hr) simply been paying attention!

There is no excuse for dope head riving. When you are behind the wheel of a thousand plus pounds machine that can end a life instantly, it is your obligation to be alert and to pay attention at all times! We all had to take the course and study the rules in order to receive an operators license, how is it that we can all forget so easily the simple infractions that are so often the cause of many fatalities on our city streets? It's absolutely unacceptable to drive without due care! If it's not the thought of taking someone's life or the feeling you would have to live with after ruining a perfect stranger's (a new father in Mike's case) life; then it should at least serve as a fear tactic to remind everyone of how easily you could lose or ruin your own life, simply by NOT paying attention.

Now that I've voiced that, I think I will duck out and use this energy to take my monster for a walk.

It's been a slice! Hang in there Mikey! Always in my thoughts...

-Digiddy

No comments:

Post a Comment